Seeking Photographs That Showcase USAID Partnerships
What does partnership with USAID look like? Enter our 2023 Photo Contest to show us your best images of how USAID and its partners collaborate to achieve development impact around the world.
Photos should showcase the diversity, innovative spirit, energy, and dedication of the USAID and partner staff whose shared efforts are changing the world. Creative ways of depicting partnerships are encouraged, and we are open to a range of submissions.
Suggested topics of interest for submission include:
- Partnerships in Action
- Innovative Partnerships
- Partnership Iconic Moments
- Partnership Results
- Inspiring Change through Partnership
- Accepted Formats: High-quality JPG, JPEG, and PNG.
- High-Resolution: Please submit the highest resolution version possible (at least 300 pixels per inch and 1MB).
- File Name: Country_Partner name_Photo number
- Photo Credit: Name of photographer and organizational affiliation. Photos must be submitted either by photographer or with permission from photographer, and with all other necessary permissions for use (consents, etc.).
- Photo Caption: Description of the photo, who is involved, location, dates of the event (approximate is okay), and how it relates to USAID partnership (and if the photo relates to a current or former USAID award).
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
This contest is open to anyone. Participants do not need to be recipients of USAID funding. USAID staff may also participate.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Please send up to five (5) images and accompanying submission requirements for each photo as attachments to the USAID Industry Liaison Team at: IndustryLiaison@usaid.gov. You may include a separate document with captions and credit.
All photo entries must be received by August 1, 2023.
USE OF PHOTOGRAPHS
A panel of development communicators will judge the submissions and select the top three (3) favorites. Winning submissions will be announced and featured on USAID’s main Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts.
All photos entered may be featured on USAID.gov and associated websites, various USAID Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts, in future USAID reports and presentations, and other USAID communications products.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR PHOTOGRAPH YOU:
- Certify that you own the copyright of the photograph and that it is your original work or that you are submitting the photograph with appropriate permission;
- Certify that you have appropriate permission to use the visual image of any identifiable individual or building in the photos for entry into the competition and for the image to be published as set forth in these contest rules.
- Grant full reproduction rights to USAID for use of the photographs you submit on websites, social media accounts, and other various communication materials at USAID’s discretion (photographs will be given attribution where appropriate).
- Acknowledge and agree to the terms that USAID will not be responsible for the infringement of any third party rights in the photography you submit. If your entry is claimed to violate or otherwise infringe on any rights of third parties, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle such claims.
This contest is void where prohibited. By submitting an entry, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to all rules and disclaimers herein.